On May 30, 2019, six Tri-State drivers met with Tri-State department heads to discuss the successes and hopes for our company. A number of topics were discussed ranging from communication to logistics to equipment.
The morning started out with a brief introduction followed by a presentation given by Russ Thompson, Executive Vice President. Russ encouraged our company to go from GOOD to GREAT. After all, we are a company with a great legacy and a reputation of excellence.
Following Russ’ presentation, Michael Fisk detailed the goals outlined in last year’s Driver Council and what has been accomplished since then. Social Media Coordinator, Riley Porter, then revealed the project she’d been working on for quite some time: the Driver Portal. The Driver Portal is a library of resources for Tri-State’s drivers. Moving further with social communication, Michael Fisk revealed the work-in-progress mobile app that will be released in the near future.
Jeanette Denton, Driver Ambassador, presented feedback given by 90-100 of our Drivers. On each facet of our company, our Drivers rated us on an average of 4/5 stars. This feedback told us what we hoped we’d hear: our Drivers know that Tri-State is #DriverObsessed!
The rest of the afternoon was followed by discussion on what our company is doing well in – as well as what we need to work on collectively. Our Driver Council then outlined goals for the rest of 2019 until they meet again in 2020. The Driver Council consisted of:
- Randy and Charlotte Knickerbocker
- Mike Terwilliger
- Rodney Groom
- Brian and Amanda Ernsten
Also in attendance:
- Russ Thompson, EVP
- Michael Fisk, Marketing/Hiring/Development Director
- Cheryl Adams, Director of Human Resources
- Donnie Lester, VP of Safety
- Theresa Porter, Hiring/Development Manager
- Wade Fackrell, Operations Manager
- Vonda Cooper, Operations Manager
- Jeanette Denton, Driver Ambassador
- Dan Beckett, CFO
- Bruce Jones, Shop/Maintenance Director
- Robert Whittaker, Shop Manager
- Riley Porter, Social Media Coordinator